Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Knitted Gnome Family Pattern



I have been busy knitting toys in hopes of a good Holiday Season of sales here at Simply Playing.  Along with knitting toys I developed a pattern (last year actually, but finally written out) that I'm hoping to launch in the next month or two.  It's of a gnome mama with her baby and child.  Some will be in the store soon sold as mama with her baby in a sling and then the child will be sold separately.  Being new to pattern writing I am looking for a few test knitter's to test it out before it's made public.  If you are interested in being a test knitter please email me at ann"at" simplyplaying"dot"net.  

Joining in with Nicole for Keep Calm Craft On and Ginny for Yarn Along.

8 comments:

  1. These are so very precious-I love that the mama gnome is wearing her baby. I know a few little people who would love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! It's a small world so it seems as I've purchased an owl and acorn stamp from your etsy shop a few years back. I gave them to my friend Denise who is an avid scrapbooker and she loves them!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing the pattern..... they are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and their varied skin tones are perfect. Job well done, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda! My own family is a mix of skin tones so I like to reflex that in my toys.

      Delete
    2. My family is as well and so I am sensitive to that paradigm in the toys we offer them for play. Thank you for seeing that as well and objectifying it in your toys. Just delightful little critters.

      Delete